Random music tracks on usb stick

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by coyspurs, Aug 22, 2014.

1. coyspurs macrumors newbie

Hi
    Not sure if this is the correct place to post. I have looked every where for an app to allow me to copy my music randomly to a usb stick to play in the car and on my sound box. The only way I have found which is not what I would really like is to make a playlist in iTunes and then save alphabetically. Does any one know of an app etc that would allow me to save my music randomly to my usb stick. Not worried about it playing randomly each time I use it although that would be great, just to save it randomly

Any help (not to technical) you can give an old man who is not to clever with computers and certainly not with programming would be most grateful

By the way I found something that had been written for a PC but nothing for a Macbook

Many thanks

Mike

2. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

Do you want to copy random music files to your USB?
    Or do you want the music files on your USB to play in random order?

3. coyspurs thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Patron

Thanks for getting back to me, I would be happy with just copying random tracks to my usb, but to have them play randomly on the usb would be great but not sure if I would understand the programming bit

Many thanks

Mike

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

If you're copying tracks to a USB stick, it will arrange them in what ever order you tell Finder: ie, by name, type date added, date modified etc, etc.