Random Notification Sounds Without A Notification on iPad 1

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Chocolatemilty, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

So, my iPad just recently started doing something pretty ridiculous. It's giving me blank notifications, so to speak.

I'm getting the notification sounds without receiving any type of notification on-screen. I can't pinpoint what app is doing this since I can't see anything on screen or run a diagnostic. I did uninstall all of my social media and news apps (those are the only apps I have that give me iPad notifications) and it's still doing it!

Would a restore be the only course of action to rectify this? Has this happened to anyone else?

2. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Go to Settings > Notifications are there any which aren't in notification centre yet have the sound option turned on or are there any in notification centre with just the sound notification turned on but the banner notifications etc turned off.

3. Chocolatemilty thread starter macrumors 6502a

I feel quite ridiculous for not thinking about this earlier. I had some apps that were set to give sounds without showing up in notification center. Turned them off and hope this fixes the problem. Thanks for that.