Random occasional shutdowns (Iphone 3gs)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by itsmeself, Jan 15, 2010.

1. itsmeself macrumors newbie

Hello,

I very recently bought an iphone 3GS however i have noticed that from time to time it turns itself off, this can happen when the phone is fully charged, while accessing the internet or making calls. At the moment its just a minor inconvienance but im just concerned if it is a sign of something worse to come, should i take the phone back to the O2 store to have it looked at? Or does anyone else have/had this problem who could offer some advice to whats causing it?

thanks in advance

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

As long as you haven't jailbroken the phone then you should definitely take it back to O2 or Apple (I recommend Apple because they can do a lot of repairs or swaps in-house) and they should help you out. Before you take it in though, do a full Restore and wipe everything. Make sure you backup first as you will want to Restore from a Backup after. If all restoring fails, take it in.

DPA

3. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

This is unusual behavior, in all three generations I've owned this has never happened.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced