iPhone Random overheating on my i5?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by NickyLanzz, Jul 8, 2013.

1. NickyLanzz macrumors regular

I was on my way from the gym and was playing music on my iPhone. I left with about 20% and pulled into my driveway with 1%. Note that I had Beta 2 and I had it since it was out with no problems until today. I went to make this post on the forum and realized beta 3 is out so maybe it will fix this problem. Had to turn it off to let it cool, turned on about 10-15 minutes later and started getting hot. Its now installing beta 3, hopefully if it WAS a beta 2 bug this will be fixed. Keeping my fingers crossed haha, anyone else experiencing/experienced this?

Thanks,

--Nick

----------

Just as a follow up it is still overheated as hell and barley/not charging... anybody know a fix?

2. newtestleper macrumors 6502

Data pushing being enabled was the culprit for me. I disabled it in iOS and thought I'd give it a try today with beta 3, but it's still causing overheating.

3. NickyLanzz thread starter macrumors regular

ill give it a try, if i did have it on all this time idk why it started acting up today. Figures, a few hours after I get back from vacation.

4. NickyLanzz thread starter macrumors regular

I must thank you 1000% because after doing this my phone has been great, even better battery life. Not drastically but my phone is not 200 degrees anymore so thanks a lot man! Only annoying thing is I forgot all day to refresh my mail, my dad was wondering why I was not answering lmao.