Random playlists on iPod!?!?!??!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Atlasland, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Atlasland macrumors 6502

Hi,

I have a 4GB iPod Nano. Obviously I have more than 4GB of music on iTunes.

Now, when I try to sync, as I have too much data, iTunes tells me it will select its own generated playlist, and sync that with my nano.

Fine. However it selects songs from my entire library. I only want it to generate a playlist from a few of my own playlists.

Also, its own generated playlist never changes. I would like the music on my nano to change randomly on a regular basis.

So, in a nutshell, how do I get iTunes to create regularly changing random playlists based on some of my own playlists - so that I can sync it with my nano?

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

This is easy and fun to do.
    Setup a new smart playlist in iTunes and name it whatever. Now set a rule saying choose songs from "Playlist" and limit the number of songs to 4gb (or less) and to do it by random. Then tell your iPod to sync with ONLY that new smart playlist.

3. Atlasland thread starter macrumors 6502

But does that playlist regularly change?

I want the playlist to be different every day; and at the moment, doing what you've said above, I don't think mine is.

Any ideas?

4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I imagine that list would change everytime iTunes is loaded. If not, something you can set in there is to only choose songs that haven't been played in x amount of days and by random. That will randomize it up for you.