Random question Air 2012

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by whoknows87, Oct 9, 2012.

1. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

I'm set on buying an Air, I keep checking the apple store for a refurbished model 128SSD 8GB RAM or 8G 256 but no luck with either one , an 8GB RAM is a must for me, I need to order a laptop before the end of this week, I can order from apple or macmall those are the 2 sites that i know, if there are more please let me know? who ships faster that is my random question

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Well the fastest way to get one would be to go down to the a physical Apple Store or physical Apple Authorised Reseller (if there is one in your area) and buy it there - No waiting for shipping :)

3. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

From everything I've seen, October 18th is the estimated date on any BTO configuration if you purchase today.

I've been looking because I'm going to order a 13" 256gb with 8gb as well as soon as I return my current mba (thought I'd be happy with 4gb of ram but I'm not).

----------

Most of the stores I've checked don't carry 8gb of Ram models in the store.
    You have to order and either ship to house or ship to store and pick up.

4. whoknows87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

checked with MacMall and they do carry them in stock I was told it would ship the same day, good luck with yours, I wanted to get the base +8gb ram for a cheaper price, but no luck so far might just go with the one from MacMall

5. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

My brother also checking around for an 8gb ram model 13" MBA. I started a thread asking for various places buy MacBooks and we gathered a nice list over there. However not all of them carry 8gb models. He's not under any time restraints as you are, so he (nor I) have looked too much into the shipping times.

6. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

Nice! Well I'm glad you foun a solution. I'm taking my 4gb back today and as soon as my Barclay card comes in the mail (7-10 business days) I'm gonna order my BTO MBA with 256gb and 8gb ram. I'll feel so good once I've placed that order. (Nervous ninny til then)

Let us know how it goes with Mac mall