Random question but..how often can one return an apple product?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RandomRazer, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RandomRazer Suspended

like apples no questions asked return policy. if u returned something and re buy something like 21 times, is there a limit? lol

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

What are you trying to achieve? So Apple could blacklist you?

3. smelly cat macrumors regular

smelly cat

If it's any help, I know of someone that bought and returned over a dozen iPads over 6 months and there was no problem.

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Quite a lot until they tell you where to go.

5. RandomRazer thread starter Suspended

i want the new macbook pros coming out in october...if you know what i mean ;)
    --- Post Merged, Jun 15, 2016 ---
    on the online store? ahha any reason ur buddy returned 12 ipads?

6. smelly cat macrumors regular

smelly cat

He wanted to own an iPad without actually paying for it, so he just kept returning it every couple weeks. Once he got bored of it he stopped buying them.

I'm not sure if I should be impressed at his tenacity to save a penny or ashamed.

7. RandomRazer thread starter Suspended

so i could pull off what ur buddy did until the new macbooks are out? hehe

8. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

9. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Sigh . . . Typical thinking these days. Our educational system has done a great job.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Seems like that action is not too cool. Why not buy one now, and sell it on craigslist. Sure you'll not get the full amount, but you're not taking advantage of apple's return policy in such a bad way. Plus there's the work of setting up the mac every 2 weeks, for the next 3 to 4 months. Finally, while someone was able to do that in the past, does not guarentee you will be able to do that in the future and you may very well be blacklisted. Why play with fire, and risk getting burned.

11. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Now I know why you posted. You want something for free.

12. rshrugged macrumors 6502a

I returned something to Apple. They lived up to their word without delay. If enough customers don't live up to their word, the company policy and behavior will likely change.

From a customer standpoint, this is the 'why' for using the 14 day policy :

https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/sales-policies/retail_us.html

13. RandomRazer thread starter Suspended

no i dont want to invest in outdated mac .

14. smelly cat macrumors regular

smelly cat

In principal, I dislike the idea of abusing generous return policies. Some people, like myself, have made many returns for legitimate reasons and benefit greatly from having no restocking fees. I purchased a 13" MacBook Pro recently, but the system kept hanging, so I exchanged for a new one. The second system did the same thing. So I exchanged for a 12" MacBook. After using the system for a week I learned about how common it was for the keyboard switches to fail on that model. After some painful deliberation I decided to exchange for the 15" MacBook Pro. I've now had the system for well past the return period and am very happy.

In the end, it's up to you. The return policy is the return policy. Until Apple says otherwise, you aren't technically doing anything wrong I suppose, and it's not illegal to do lots of returns.

15. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

So you want to "rent" a computer temporarily and take it back for a full refund? Wow...

16. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

We will all pay for this practice. I would not blame Apple if they changed their policy.

17. JTToft macrumors 68040

- So then don't buy one...

18. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

A new MBP purchased today isn't an outdated Mac, it is the current MBP available
    Yes, there will eventually be a new(er) MBP released, but there will ALWAYS be newer hardware (and software) on the horizon
    You are fighting a losing battle if you are trying to stay ahead of that wave

If you are concerned about buying now because a new release is 'near', then wait for the new one and buy then
    Buying and returning repeatedly every 2 weeks is a silly and inefficient way to try and beat the system
    My advice would be to show a little maturity and have a bit of patience

19. pat500000 macrumors 603

pat500000

Hahahahaha I know who you referring to. Was it something to do with screen?
    --- Post Merged, Jun 17, 2016 ---
    Is this about revenge?

20. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Karma would be if you succeed in abusing the policy, then buy the machine you really want, then find unfortunately you have to return it...to then find you are blacklisted...

21. BasicGreatGuy, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016

BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

OP, what you posted isn't much different from someone who uses a stolen credit card or check, so that he or she can immediately return it for cash. What you are wanting to know, is if you can steal from Apple and get away with it.

Pathetic.

22. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

I guess you can return it constantly, as I've never heard any kind of story of Apple blacklisting anyone, but come on man, that's really disrespectful and selfish. I know that Apple probably wouldn't mind one dude messing with this, but it's just... not good. I can understand you borrowing a computer for a week because you absolutely need to and returning it once, but this is just downright mean.

23. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Apple has, and will blacklist anyone it thinks is abusing the return policy.

24. RandomRazer thread starter Suspended

wheres your source

25. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.