Random Reboot

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Confuzzeled23, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Confuzzeled23 macrumors regular

Confuzzeled23

Hey everyone,
    I have a new iPhone 5. Restored from my iCloud 3GS backup. My 3GS used to sporadically reboot. I would be using my phone and all of a sudden the screen would go black and the apple logo would appear and then the phone would start back up.

This just happened on my iPhone 5 after receiving a text and going to read it. I swiped to read and the apple logo appeared for 4 seconds and I was back at the lock screen with battery time usage stats reset indicating the phone was reset.

Any idea why this would happen?

Thanks.

2. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

This has never happened to me.

3. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

It's probably just a bug. Without knowing what else you were doing before the crash or what other apps you had running, it'll be difficult to pinpoint the issue.

I wouldn't get too concerned about it though unless it starts happening often.

4. KeysieNole macrumors newbie

this has happened to me too.... several times, and always after I get a text. My phone vibrates, and before I can swip it to read or touch the message icon it goes to the apple logo and then to my lock screen. :confused::confused::confused:

5. iKIKO macrumors regular

iKIKO

my 4s with ios 6 also reboots itself once in a while, never hapened before

6. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

What were you doing when it happened on your 4s? Several times?

It's happened on mine twice: minutes after taking it out the box and after a restore with restore from backup from a white iPhone 5

7. Beeplance macrumors 68000

Beeplance

Probably because your old 3GS backup is corrupted somehow, and since you restored this backup on your iPhone 5, the problem is being transferred to it, I guess. Restoring it and setting up as a new phone should eradicate the issue.

8. sauldejesus19 macrumors newbie

Iphone 5 ramdom rebooting

The same thing happens to me from time to time when I am receiving a txt it will reboot. Iphone 5 64GB

9. SunnyFL macrumors regular

Had it happen too a few times lately on my iP5

10. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

I swear every time it's from slide up to take a photo and usually trying to open messages but today it happened with the camera thing/looking at the photo, returning to home screen without receiving a message.

Restored and set up as new on 6.0.1 a while back too.

I wonder if restrictions off has anything to do with it. Turned off location services and turned on restrictions (but didn't flip any apps off)

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Vh84e86NosE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVh84e86NosE

I can reproduce that glitch on two iphone 5s (mine included). Not always but most of the time..

11. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

12. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

No iphone 5 (and even 4S) cannot be jailbroken as of now.

I wish :D

13. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Had that happen to me yesterday. I was checking google voice when suddenly, I see the Apple logo. iPhone 5 16GB.

14. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

15. Drmedic macrumors member

Happened to me second day I had my iPhone 5.
    I was swiping across to read a new text when the apple logo pops up for about 5 seconds.
    Battery usage data was gone, however, the apps that I had open were still open =/ No idea why this happens, but it's only happened once.

16. sohaloh macrumors regular

I had a reboot just now playing shadowgun deadzone on my 4S. Reset counter 1!

17. sagejyoung macrumors newbie

sagejyoung

yea me to also had that issue? how can it be solved?

18. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

When did it happen to you?

19. sohaloh macrumors regular

Dunno if this is related but after the random reboot and plus 1 on the reset counter my battery life doubled with the same amount of HEAVY usage. I attached a pic, this included constant whatsapp, 2 hours calls, 2 hours of deadzone and lots of browsing, wifi always on, everything on. Amazing, I don't notice battery much since I keep the percentage off. But more than 10 hours of usage? Wow...

Attached Files:

20. shawnwich macrumors 6502

shawnwich

its happening to me too, usually with how the OP desribed when a text arrives.

i have a black 32g verizon i5

21. Confuzzeled23 thread starter macrumors regular

Confuzzeled23

Just an update.

Restored my iPhone as new last week and my iPhone just rebooted as I received a text. No idea why it happens. But it's still happening.

Thanks for all the great discussion.

22. Lylepalooza macrumors newbie

My iPhone 5 (32GB, iOS 6.0.2) has done it twice now, crashing to the Apple logo for 5 seconds and then the lock screen.

Both times I was attempting to swipe down on the Notification Centre. No texts were received at that time.

As texts are accessed through notification centre on the lock screen, I predict that is where the bug lies.

23. Bram.d.S. macrumors newbie

Hello everyone :)
    I recently got a new iPhone 5 (my first one broke after 4 months of usage, physical button problems). Now with this new one, I have the same issue as mentioned in the discussion above. It's really annoying. My first iPhone 5 didn't do this at all. I restored my iPhone and set it up as new, haven't changed anything :(. I was just wondering, is there a solution yet? Or is it a software issue?
    Kind regards :)
    Bram

24. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Are you running the latest version of iOS 6 (and not jailbroken)?