Random Reboot

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by TRICKorDEVICE, Apr 25, 2015.

1. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

Just suffered one. Anyone else have this happen yet.

It looked like a springboard crash on iOS. Screen went to the Apple Logo and it returned much quicker than a full reboot.

2. TRICKorDEVICE thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. Nmeyrick macrumors member

Yes I had this yesterday evening. Just as you described and back up running very quickly. It hadn't been rebooted since pairing and installing a load of apps so I'm hoping it was a one off. Let's see...

4. sregreb macrumors newbie

sregreb

I have at least 2 of these springboard reboots a day. Seems to happen just as a notification arrives on the watch. I've reset the watch and set it up again from scratch a couple times and that hasn't fixed it. It's getting a bit annoying...

5. easheer macrumors regular

easheer

This was happening to my wife's watch. I unpaired it, wiped it, and went through the pairing process again and it has not occurred since.

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

happens to me when checking certain notifications, namely words with friends.

7. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

My iPhone 6 plus seems to be doing this more lately too, I'd say maybe once every two or three days. I thought it might be because of being attached to the watch now. I think it's strange that after it reboots, I'm still logged in and don't have to enter my passcode again. I guess that's a convience. Then yesterday it happened to my iPad Air 2, so now I'm not sure of the cause. It's infrequent enough that it doesn't bother me, but hopefully will be fixed in an update.

8. Crazy Baker macrumors newbie

My launch day watch started doing this two weeks ago. It was happening frequently so I contacted Apple support. After troubleshooting and re pairing the watch it still continued so they replaced the watch. The new watch started doing the same thing the day I got it. It occurred to me to try removing 3rd party apps. I did that and haven't had the problem a single time since. I'll eventually start adding the apps back one at a time to see if I can find the culprit but I haven't done that yet.

9. sregreb macrumors newbie

sregreb

I think it's third-party apps causing the problem as well and maybe Words with Friends specifically as someone mentioned. The joys of early adoption...