Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chumps52

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Scotland
I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but I have a 5S (A1457) and so far I have had 2 completely random reboots when I'm not even using the phone.
Both have been during the night whilst it's plugged in to charge; and at time's when it would have definitely been at 100% (I can tell from the logs I found in Settings - Privacy - Diagnostics & Usage).
There are two logs that seem to correspond to each crash (eg "panic-2015-06-10-075956.ips" and "ResetCounter-2015-06-10-075956.ips"), with the second being much shorter than the first.

Has anyone else had this/know the cause?

daio

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2011
Germany
My 5s has also rebooted apparently randomly but on further investigation, it turned out to be appStore updates that caused it.

iamangeln

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2013
Mine Too, but when it comes back on my phone says "No Service" I have to Reboot to get my service back.

chumps52

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Scotland
My 5s has also rebooted apparently randomly but on further investigation, it turned out to be appStore updates that caused it.
Oh right, as I say mine just happens seemingly randomly at night. Not happened during the day/usage at all, and this morning when it happened there were no app updates available at all anyway

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Mine was rebooting like crazy and other apps like Duet Display were flickering a lot. I loaded it onto my iPad Air 2 yesterday, which has plenty of memory, but now that apps have stopped installing in the background (restoring from backup) it seems to be fairly stable.

chumps52

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Scotland
Mine was rebooting like crazy and other apps like Duet Display were flickering a lot. I loaded it onto my iPad Air 2 yesterday, which has plenty of memory, but now that apps have stopped installing in the background (restoring from backup) it seems to be fairly stable.
Yeah I've had it installed for over 72 hours now and it's happened twice as I say. Will probably happen tonight too...

Had one on my iPad Air 2 yesterday.
And nothing since?

moomanjohnny

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2014
California
When my iPhone 6 crashes I lose all signal on my phone and the AT&T in the top left is replaced with iPhone. I have to do a hard reboot to get the signal back, and it's kind of getting on my nerves. Hopefully it's fixed in beta 2, though.
image.jpg

chumps52

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Scotland
My iPhone 6 has been stable, but my iPad Air has rebooted twice. The screen flashes solid blue first.

When my iPhone 6 crashes I lose all signal on my phone and the AT&T in the top left is replaced with iPhone. I have to do a hard reboot to get the signal back, and it's kind of getting on my nerves. Hopefully it's fixed in beta 2, though.
View attachment 560762
I've never seen mine crash so couldn't say, but it happened again last night; same scenario (plugged in to charge and I wasn't using it at all), although I don't have any issues afterwards.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Yeah I've had it installed for over 72 hours now and it's happened twice as I say. Will probably happen tonight too...

Mine has been more stable since it restored from the backup. Duet Display is also acting up less today. Not sure what was going on with that as it was going crazy on Friday as well and the app hasn't updated yet. Maybe it just needed to settle in a bit, lol. Either that or rogue processes sometimes kick in and disturb everything. Oh the jobs of beta software! Still it's surprisingly good so far so I'm hopeful that this will be a great release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.