Random red tint in transparent areas

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by silverdye97, Dec 7, 2013.

1. silverdye97, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013

silverdye97 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I switched from Windows a few months ago so I'm still a new Mac user! I recently decided to do some tweaks to my UI using Terminal, Mountain Lion Tweaks, and Tinkertool. Everything seemed fine, then after I rebooted I noticed there's a red tint all over random icons and buttons in all different programs and even on my menu bar. When I open up Adobe Illustrator, for example, there's a red tint on each button and all over the whole canvas. Even the splash screen when it first opens up has a huge red square behind it.

As for the edits, I've rolled everything back to system default using the options in TinkerTool and Mountain Lion Tweaks. In Terminal, all I changed was adding debug menus to apps as well as enabling desktop widgets.

I'm running Mavericks with all the latest updates on my Macbook Pro 15" with Retina. I have a screenshot attached with some apps open. You can even see the red tint on the icons for Caffeine, Skydrive, and my Calendar app on the menu bar. Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. silverdye97 thread starter macrumors newbie

Solved

Ok, after spending a couple days trying to figure it out, I remembered a tweak I had done and solved the issue. I figured I'd post it for everyone else.

Turn off non-retina highlighting with this command in Terminal:
    defaults write -g CGContextHighlight2xScaledImages NO