Random Safari Crashes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gray67, Sep 30, 2008.

1. gray67 macrumors member

gray67

Is anyone noticing their Safari crashing randomly? I'm on 2.1 and have done a full system reload/initialization. When I browse, Safari will just crash for no particular reason. It happens more as my power level gets lower.

2. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

ya, it's weird how it won't crash on crazy huge pages ... but just randomly on a text only kind of site, in the middle of not doing anything crazy.

meh ... not that big of a deal. it happens.

3. sers macrumors regular

Mine also crashes randomly. It's kind of annoying, but not a big deal, really. At least it remembers the last page I was on. It would be nice if they could fix it, though.

4. born4sky macrumors 6502a

born4sky

it's not always remember where you were... and it's getting to annoy me a little bit

5. aluren macrumors 65816

same problem here. i wonder what's causing it to crash... safari doesn't crash on windows, but yet crashes on apple's own operating system... the world is getting stranger every minute...

6. ballen420 macrumors 6502

OP - You do a full restore when you went to 2.1?

I'm thinking about doing a full restore - I only upgraded. I've been having a lot more frequent app and safari crashes lately. Hoping a full restore may solve the problem.

I'd take these issues over all the ones prior to 2.1 though.

7. macaco74 macrumors regular

my safari crashes at least 2 times a day on my iphone...

8. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

Mine crashes several times a day, mostly requiring a hard reset as it actually freezes the phone, blank screen, then shuts itself down after about 5 minutes, then takes a good few minutes to start up again. I've been into the Genius Bar twice and got nowhere fast. I'm actually using my original iPhone now because my 3G sucks. I can't get it repaired or replaced without Apple's say so and they aren't. Wish I'd never bought it now.

</rant>

9. Tizzod69 macrumors newbie

I'm noticing this as well. Seems to be happening a lot more than it used to. Not a hugr problem, but definitley annoying.

10. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

Yes, I've also noticed that Safari crashes a lot more now. Also, I still have dropped calls (two in one call), texting that's no longer reliable, and very slow SMS screens. It's as if nothing happened after I upgraded to 2.1. :mad:

11. mickbab macrumors 65816

mickbab

yes i just noticed this lastnight (i was posting on macrumors :D), and it would crash every 10 minutes or so. I only had 2 windows opened usually, 4 at max, but as sers said, at least it remembers your sites. Or not, born4sky?

12. Eleonardo macrumors newbie

It will most likely remember the exact location of any tabs that you are currently not focused on.

For the current page/tab that you are viewing, if it crashes during a page transition, then it most likely will not remember the page you were trying to navigate to if the page had not fully loaded yet.

13. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Mine always ALWAYS crashes when reading TUAW, rarely crashes any other time.

14. tongteh macrumors 6502

i am experiencing lots of safari crashes as well.. :( it's really sad and unfortunate, hope they can get it fix in the next update..

15. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

For what its worth mine seems to be crashing more and more lately.

Rebooting seems to help but it is annoying.
    :(

16. Brandon Heat macrumors regular