Random Screen Freezing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lavrishevo, Jan 3, 2009.

1. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

I am running into a screen freezing problem with my replacement iPhone. I don't have an Apple store in PR so I am trying to do what I can before having to send it in.

It seems to only happen after syncing. If I restore and do not sync it does not happen. I have tried everything I can think of but I fear it is this phone. Basically the screen will freeze, not responding to touch at all. The volume button will still work and the home button will exit the app that the screen froze in but still no response from the screen. It seems the apps are not themselves freezing because I do not have to force quit. Hitting the power button to put the phone into sleep mode restores touch screen functionality until the freeze happens again. It is happening 5 - 10 times a day now. I think this phone is fubar. I have even tried reinstalling iTunes but nothing seems to help.

Any ideas? Again, I have restored and restored but it seems to not happen if I do not sync my phone. Even with zero apps and no jailbreak it is happening if I sync contacts and calendar. Very strange!

2. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

So it only happens after you sync? That's making me want to think that it MIGHT be caused by something that's been synced onto your phone. Perhaps an app?