Random Skipping?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by j4jealousy, Dec 17, 2007.

1. j4jealousy macrumors member

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced their songs stopping mid-song then skipping to the next song with their new iTouch.

I've been suffering from this problem for a while now and i'm worried that it's gonna screw up more of my songs.

2. j4jealousy thread starter macrumors member

LOL Alright. Guess i'm the only crazy one here. ;P

3. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

If you're surfing the internet, and your touch is anything like my iphone - it'll skip, and sometimes resume. (but usually just stops playback)

Are you hitting any buttons by mistake? Or brushing the display?

As for messing up your songs - most "skips" in my music, were form bad rips, not playback related. The only skipping occurring from an mp3 player, could be rough handling of the hard drive, while the song was loading into ram immediately before playback.

But to the best of my knowledge - the touch is flash based - so this should be a non issue.

If it's corrupting your files - sounds like you have a defective touch - exchange it.

4. j4jealousy thread starter macrumors member

Nope no button hitting by mistake or anything like that. The first time i experienced the skipping was while i was walking through a store with the Touch in my hand. The screen was also in sleep mode so it couldn't have been anything from the outside that caused the skipping.

Most of the music that's been skipping are songs that i bought off iTunes. Sux cause i can't rip those back into my HD or download them again. :(

5. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Last I remember, you can have up to TWO copies of the song on your computer, and several on Apple Ipods. At the very least - there should be a copy on your computer still unless you deleted it. I'd call Apple and inquire, as I think your situation would warrant at least a credit for a corrupt song - or a credit due to the iPod you own (which should still be under warranty) causing this problem in the first place.

No?

6. j4jealousy thread starter macrumors member

Yea, i think ur right. I'll try that.