Random Song Shutdown

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Antilles328, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Antilles328 macrumors newbie

I've got a week 38 iPod Touch and recently when I have been playing music the music will randomly turn off for no aparent reason regardless of if I am touching the iPod or not. It happens a lot when I am using the shuffle songs feature or clicking through my songs. If the iPod is still unlocked it will go back to the "desktop" screen and if its locked it will just stop playing?

Has anyone else had this problem? It's pretty annoying...

I hope its only a software issue.

2. dobbs383 macrumors newbie

I have also had a similar problem. If I am listening to music and doing something else, such as surfing the web, contacts, or calendar, the music will randomly stop in the middle of the song and every time it comes back about 20 seconds later but starts playing a different song. The weird part is no matter what song I'm listening to it always starts playing the same song after that 20 second break. Ive had my touch for about 2 weeks now and this has happened maybe 5 times. It's not frequent but definitely happens.

3. Antilles328 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've been playing with my iPod playing different songs in different ways and there is definetly something wrong with the Music feature. Whether I am doing shuffle, picking individual songs, artists or albums, the song will not always play to completion. Sometimes it will get 5 or 10 seconds in and then quit back to the dashboard, sometimes it will go 2 or 3 songs. This is happening all the time though and most of the time I can't listen to even one complete song. It also has errors if I skip through more than 3 or 4 songs in shuffle. There is no problem with video at all so it's not something with the home button being stuck or something like that.

Has anyone heard anything like this happening with a week 38 iPod Touch?

I'm pissed cause I am going on a trip this weekend and wont be able to restore it at all.