Random song sometimes blasts when I remove headphones?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Khryz, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Khryz macrumors 6502a

Does this ever happen to anyone else?

I will have my headphones in and be watching a video or listening to music .. I stop the music, then pull out the headphones, and then a random song on my iPhone blasts through the iPhone speaker.

It's pretty annoying when this happens at work or on the train when everything's quiet. I have no idea what would cause this.

This happens rarely, I'd say once every several weeks but enough to make it annoying.

2. davehutch macrumors 6502a

davehutch

It's the Voice Command

Whenever I connect or disconnect a 3.5mm jack, the Voice Command activates and I have to cancel it before it hears something and thinks I've asked it to play a song

3. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Voice Command? I don't have a 3GS, I have a 3G.

And it just happened again now. I wasn't even doing anything or listening to music. The last thing I did in iPod was actually watching a video. Took out the headphones and then a random song was blasting again. WTF?

4. davehutch macrumors 6502a

davehutch

What headphones are you using? Does the connector have 3 or 4 terminals?

5. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm using the stock iPhone 3G headphones and Sennheiser ones. I think they're 3-prong? There's 3 black lines on the jack with the Sennheiser, I forgot what the iPhones are.

Just happened again today. Lol. Not doing anything on the phone, take the headphones out and then music plays. It's damn annoying.