Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GrimmGreen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
so the only gripe i have with the Touch thus far is randomly when I'm either just browsing through music or even playing a song my Touch will randomly start to Sync even though i have everything set on manual

itunes freezes up momentarily until i cancel the Sync , i don't get it

anyone else run into this ?

wizzracer

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
Dallas, Texas
I leave mine hooked up just add or remove. Then I plug it into my AC adapter.

Used to happen on my G5.5 but I had the AC adapter from older iPod and it stopped when I started using to keep it charged.

Kmlwx

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2007
I could use some help as well and the Apple site hasn't been of help to me.

-My touch was syncing fine yesterday but today after purchasing a few TV episodes last night, the sync starts fine and then when it's around 3/4 done it stops and gives me an error like "Cannot write/copy to disk"

Can you guys help me out?

I've tried restarting the computer, the iPod itself and the battery is fully charged.

thakidfrombk

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2007
I am having similar issues, dont think it has anything to do with charging or using a ac adapter, but please correct me if im wrong

here's my copy n paste from another forum:

I just got my ipod a few hours ago.
i have the 9c738 serial (week 38)
i have the latest version of itunes.
running windows xp sp2

so i connected the ipod to the computer using the usb cable that comes with it and after i setup the ipod touch i try 2 transfer all my songs from my library to my ipod and it starts like it normally would but then like a minute or two i get two messages, one that says cannot sync and the other says "the disk could not be read from or written from"
soo its taking me about 8 tries just to transfer about 490 songs

ive been to a few other discussion threads and it seems i am not alone

anyone else having this problem???
is there anyway to fix this???? its driving me insane
THANKS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.