Random tv question

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kevsta26, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Kevsta26 macrumors 6502a

So I got a new 32 inch tv and noticed something strange about it. It's like the tv is a strange size or something because I noticed when I was watching it this morning and switched to a news channel the captions and the news ticker are no longer exactly across the bottom. They are up by about an inch or two, instead of exactly across the bottom of the screen. I'm not quite sure what's up with this. Is there a way to fix this, or is it ment to be like this?

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

If you have equal bands at the top and bottom of the screen, you should be able to tell the TV to use full screen mode...That should be in the TV's settings somewhere. If it's just the bottom, then you may have a faulty unit...what make and model is it?

3. Kevsta26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's a 32 inch Vizio, model E320-A0. I don't think the tv has an issue? The graphics on the bottom are just slightly higher. My local news makes up for the empty space by putting their own graphic underneath it to fill, I just find it odd because my smaller tv always filled the space with the graphic perfectly, this tv just seems to have a bigger image that shows more picture and so when something such as the national news is on, their news ticker and graphics aren't on the bottom of the screen, but are slightly up by 1 - 2 inches.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I'm not familiar with the brand, but we have a Bravia 46" 3D smart, and a Toshiba 46" 3D smart in the bedroom...neither of them have this display.

I'd contact the company and ask...you might need a new set, and since it's new, they won't quibble.

5. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Is it with every channel? If not, its your cable box/channel. I noticed you just mentioned TV news channel.