Random unresponsive screen.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Davoo, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Davoo macrumors member

Hey guys I Have a iPhone 3GS that I've had for about a month. On about a dozen occassions or so, when the phone rings or I try to wake it from sleep mode, the screen is unresponsive. The screen lights up when I hit the home or sleep/wake button but the slider does not move at all. It's frustrating because I have missed a couple calls because of it. If I hit the sleep/wake button after it does this it works fine. Has anyone else experienced this? Does this sound like a hardware or software problem? I hope it's software because the phone has a good build quality I really don't want to swap it out. Thanks for any help.

2. cubedweller macrumors 6502

Happens to me occasionally as well. I believe it to be an issue with 3.0 because I never seemed to have any type of problem prior to upgrading and a friend of mine has the same issue (after upgrading to 3.0 as well). I think we're out of luck until 3.1 comes out...

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I actually had that problem before upgrading to 3.0 on my 3G. Now, everything works fine. Maybe a restore might fix it for you?

4. Dazman63 macrumors newbie

Well mine did the same thing a couple of times. Now I has died and will not restore error 23!

5. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

my phone's done this about three times since upgrade upto 3.0 (Out of >300 or more incomming calls.)