Random Vertical Lines in Camera?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Los, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Los, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011

Los macrumors regular

Hey guys, I've had my iPhone 4 since June, wasn't one of the first or second batches, but it was one of them close to that time. Anyways, I'm noticing when I record some video or even take pics now, that there are some random but noticeable vertical lines running down the screen and in the video if I record. I haven't noticed them on pictures yet.

I did some very minor testing and figured that it could maybe be connected with the noise (grain) that the iPhone picks up from bad lighting since my Living Room at home is like that, it doesn't have it's own light and it's a little dark at night. And sure enough, it looks like that might be it. If I record anything with a good lighting source, they don't seem to show up at all.

Wondered if any of you are experiencing this. Don't know if it's hardware or software base. Any ideas?

Note: They're vertical when you hold the phone normally. If you hold it landscape to record video, they're horizontal.

2. Givmeabrek, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011

Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Sounds like a result of fluorescent lighting. There have been many, threads on this. Basically you need more (and different) lighting for better pics. The flickering of the lights is causing these lines.

3. Los thread starter macrumors regular

Ah, I see. I think I should have googled it first. :D