Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Type4O

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I have a series 2 watch and have noticed weird random workouts showing up in the Activity app. Yesterday, for example, whilst doing my workouts (Other 123 active cals and Elliptical 105 active cals) it record three other workouts shown below: Dance Inspired Training (whatever that is) with 70 active cals recorded, Functional Training with 70 active cals records, and Rolling with 23 active cals recorded. I have wheelchair mode switched off.

I have gotten many random "Rolling" workouts, usually of 5 mins and 23 active cals.

Any ideas or solutions would be appreciated. I should say I have restarted both phone and watch and unpaired/paired the watch.

IMG_2559.PNG

Last edited:

Macaddict16

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2002
That's odd. Did you update your health to indicate a wheelchair? I think rolling is what apple uses for a wheelchair workout?

Type4O

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, Canada
That's odd. Did you update your health to indicate a wheelchair? I think rolling is what apple uses for a wheelchair workout?

No, I have wheelchair switched off. The one in my post showed up whilst I was actually in workout mode (Other 123cal). Usually, they show up when I am not in workout mode.

Type4O

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I believe I know what caused the workouts: I use SWORKIT and it had Save to Health App on. I was using the workout app on the watch and so was getting duplication of workouts (I did three short workouts in SWORKIT but had the workout app on the watch running the whole time).

I switched it off and did the exact same workouts today as yesterday. The three other workouts did not show up. I'll test again next time I do the same workouts.

I deleted the workouts and all data which of course reduced my daily tally of active calories etc. Fortunately I was over enough that it didn't put me under. Annoying though that it allows that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.