Random: Your favorite Credit Card to Use?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacGurl111, Jun 4, 2016.

1. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

Which is your favorite credit card(s) (assuming they have rewards) to use for everyday purchases?

2. boast macrumors 65816

boast

Sallie Mae MasterCard for 5% CB on groceries, gas and Amazon. Citi Prestige for 2pts on Restaurants although right now using Discover for 5% CB at restaurants.

3. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

I usually spread out my expenses. It really depends on what added bonus they're offering (usually 5% on some category). I bounce between a Citi-backed card, a Chase Freedom, a Discover and a KeyBank card. The Citi can be used with Android Pay so I've used it more than I had been, the KeyBank card WILL be eligible on Android Pay so I may start using that more, the Discover CAN be used with Android Pay but it's not a native transaction so add-on rewards categories don't apply properly.

4. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Depends which one will net me the most rewards for purchases. More often than not, I use my Chase Sapphire Preferred as the travel benefits are great and you get double points on restaurant purchases. As someone who will be flying a lot soon and eats out often, it's my goto card. I use Discover during the holidays as they offer 5% cash back on department stores (and Amazon as well) which is nice. I have an American Express EveryDay card but that one doesn't really offer anything special, just one point per dollar with the occasional deal here and there. Usually it just sits at a $0 balance.

Ideally enough, all three are compatible with ApplePay so that's an added bonus that I can use my iPhone/Watch to make payments where possible.

5. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Chase Sapphire Preferred or American Express Platinum. The benefits are incredible. I typically use other rewards cards once a quarter for their cash back and put them aside.

6. chown33 macrumors 604

7. Vogue Harper macrumors 6502

Vogue Harper

AmEx Platinum Cashback - although only domestically as AmEx do seem to have higher charges for foreign currency transactions than my other credit cards.

8. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Never had one, never used one.

9. samiwas macrumors 65816

The one that has a zero balance. IE: the only one I have.

10. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Ditto. I fly everywhere for little or nothing with Southwest, United, or (my favorite) Virgin America.

11. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

The Chase combo is pretty much the best (Chase Freedom - Freedom Unlimited - Sapphire Preferred). I use the freedom or rotating categories (5% cash back), sapphire for dining and travel, and unlimited or everything else. If I need to buy something I usually go through the chase rewards portal to get x% off. If you want a new NorthFace fleece for example, you can get 6% off through the rewards portal.

12. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Should have been a poll.

Discover, for the CashBack reward.

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Chase Freedom and Amazon cards to maximize my points earned. Think I'm going to get a Chase Slate and take them up on 15 months of no interest for new purchases. @rdowns needs a new MacBook.

14. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Amazon's rewards card would be better if they didn't give preferential treatment to their online store only.

15. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Discover It's double cashback for new members that stacked with the 10% Apple Pay bonus and all 5% categories has treated me well, but I quite like the Chase Freedom card as well.

16. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

Of course, 2 days after I posted my reply I get a notification from Android Pay to verify card details. Discover now NATIVELY supports Android Pay, no more funneling through a 3rd-party to screw up the rewards assessment.