Randomly adding apps to my watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Lostboy500, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Lostboy500 macrumors newbie

Seems like everyday a new app from my iphone appears on my watch. It was CNBC today, United Airlines yesterday and another random one the day prior. I delete them immediately and they haven't repopulated, but was wondering if anyone else had this issue and how they resolved it.

2. yalag macrumors 65816

There's an option on your phone. Automatically install new watch apps or not

3. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

There is a setting in the watch companion app to turn off that automatically installs new watch apps on the watch when you download them. Can't tell you specifically where it is located since I don't have my phone on me at the moment.

4. Lostboy500 thread starter macrumors newbie

Right that option was has been turned off since day 1 for me, so that unfortunately is not the issue

5. Sphyrna macrumors regular

It seems like if an app is updated and includes an Apple Watch app it automatically adds it. I noticed apps installed on the watch that I didn't tell it to install. I verified the automatic setting was off. I then went into the app store on my iPhone and noticed the ones that were just added on my watch had just updated on my phone. Hope they fix it as it's annoying and not what I think should happen.

6. Lostboy500 thread starter macrumors newbie

I think you are correct. It seems like there is a constant stream of new apps being added to my phone daily and it has become very annoying. I assume no one has found a fix to this yet?

7. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I have tried to remove instagram like 3 times and it keeps coming back!

8. usarioclave macrumors 65816

Apparently the setting in the apple watch app is broken. I have to pick the damn things off every few days. They're like digital lice or something.

9. spinboy macrumors member

spinboy

I have several mystery circles with a white outline on my watch that don't show in the organize section of the watch app. I've also noticed that it's ridiculously slow to remove an app, and that if I select to not show the app and back up a screen to the app list, it resets back to show the app on the watch.