Randomly moved to space 2

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TemeculaMac, Nov 30, 2007.

1. TemeculaMac macrumors regular

Hi,
    I have an interesting issue. Occasionally (more frequent than you'd think), my workspace magically moves to space 2. I've noticed that it's NOT a sequence of keys I'm hitting...because, I've seen it move to space 2 without any keyboard our mouse interaction.

Each morning, when I hop on my iMac, it's ALWAYS on space 2...regardless of how I left it the night before. So, sometime throughout the night, it moved to space 2.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It's a bit annoying to be typing an email in space 3, and I get moved to space 2 out of the blue (without the application going with it).

Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Gary

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Do you have any applications running in screen 2?

If one of those became active, it would jump to screen 2.

3. TemeculaMac thread starter macrumors regular

I usually have iMovie and iPhoto running in space 2. I'm not sure if it's happening when these apps are not running, but will do a test today!

Thanks for your input!

4. TemeculaMac thread starter macrumors regular

I believe you hit the nail on the head. Ever since I shut down iMovie and iPhoto, it stopped moving to space 2 on its own. Unfortunately, my wife does a lot of video editing...so it's always open.

This appears to be the only app that causes this random wierdness. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks for the help!