Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snow24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2008
so I've gotten 2 32 gig touches now from 2 different best buys in the last week and both have had the same problem. if I'm scrolling through music its the worst, but it also happens when I'm just browsing the web. It will just randomly return to the home screen, sometimes after only a few seconds. I've tried being extra careful of where i touch it, and it still returns. anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

swano

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2006
Toronto
I find if I don't turn off my ipod completly when I'm not using it it does weird things, returning to the home screen being one of those things. By completly I mean holding down the top button until the red power off slider shows up. Don't know if that'll fix your iPod but it seems to work for me.

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
I have noticed that it mainly does this when an app crashes, so it is most likely the app that you were using crashed. So not a whole lot you can do until there is a bug patch.

I find it annoying when I am listening to a song with the screen locked and when I go to turn the screen on by hitting the home button and then sliding the arrow, the iPod goes straight to the Home Screen instead of the previous screen that I was on, it just irritates me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.