Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amitabhbansal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2011
Delhi, India
friends
my ipad and iphone 6 plus was working great, few minutes back i was playing game on ipad and suddenly the screen goes off and in 2 seconds back on with lock screen, its happening continuosly after every a minute, and then i picked up my iphone 6 plus and same thing happening with it too, my another iphone 6 plus and 7 plus is working fine, but not these 2 devices, dont know whats happening with both of them together
Please help

lostpee

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2013
this crash is going viral in APAC, looks like it’ll only start happening after 2nd Dec 12AM local time.

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
friends
my ipad and iphone 6 plus was working great, few minutes back i was playing game on ipad and suddenly the screen goes off and in 2 seconds back on with lock screen, its happening continuosly after every a minute, and then i picked up my iphone 6 plus and same thing happening with it too, my another iphone 6 plus and 7 plus is working fine, but not these 2 devices, dont know whats happening with both of them together
Please help
Yikes. What you are experiencing is called a springboard crash. Interesting about the timing. Is this still happening to you?

Rhkoba

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2017
User from Japan having same problem with iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 11.1.2.
Seems it has to do with the clock app and apps access to time on your phone.
Also the clock app doesn’t work. I only get a black screen with the icons on the button. I can not set any alarm etc...
Many ppl in japan including myself fixed problem of rebooting using this temporary fix:
1)
Set your time manually to a date before December 2nd
2)
Turn off all notifications in settings
3)
set your clock back and date back to your local time

Hope Apple fix this soon....
Weird is that not all phones are affected by this bug. My brothers iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 11.1.2 doesn’t have this problem...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.