Range on Express

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by squirrrl, Mar 27, 2015.

1. squirrrl macrumors 6502a

squirrrl

Okay.. I don't need convincing on the benefits of the Extreme over the Express. I have an Extreme and love it.

BUT, this is for my parents who only use the internet to send emails and surf the web on their desktop and who minimally use their iphones and a cheap lenovo tablet every once in a while (I don't think their tablet has AC capability). I doubt they care about internet speed.

I just want to know if the Express can cover a large area of a two story house. That's all. I would most appreciate comments from people with that experience. I know I can go all the way down to the end of my block and still get a signal from my Extreme, but I just want to know if the Express is "good enough" for my parents.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It depends on the size of the house, building materials, other potential sources of interference and the connecting device. The only way to know for certain is to try it and if it doesn't work, return it. In my area, I'm able to still be connected to an AirPort Express on the 2nd floor if I'm outside on the ground floor and roughly 30-40 feet from the building. YMMV

3. squirrrl thread starter macrumors 6502a

squirrrl

Perfect... Thanks!