Rank iphone battery life past models

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by metsjetsfan, Aug 20, 2015.

1. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

whats your ranking in terms of iphone models. Not based on what apple says but real usage. Heres mine but only based on what i used could have gotten a bum battery for some

6+
    5s
    4S
    3GS

Unfortunately I think the 6S and 6S plus may actually fall below current 6 models.

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

3. AmazingTechGeek macrumors 6502

AmazingTechGeek

4. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I've only ever owned an iPhone 4 and the battery life was literally the worst I've ever experienced on a phone. It barely lasted a day and towards the end of it's life it wasn't even managing half that.

5. oldmacs macrumors 68040

From my personal iPhone usage... The iPhone 4 was the best, followed by the 3GS then the 5.

6. MaxBga macrumors regular

MaxBga

The 6+ is first for sure, then 6 > 5 > 5s > 4s > 4 > 3Gs & 3G

7. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

My experience with iPhones I had/have.

6 Plus
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4S
    iPhone 3GS
    iPhone orignal

8. yaboyac29 macrumors 6502a

i think usage patterns have changed since the previous iPhone's so it's hard to really determine battery life.

i wasn't really a heavy user when i had the 3G/3GS/4 and i'm sure a lot of people could say the same/similar thing as there weren't as many "power hungry" apps around. even facebook didn't eat up that much power since there were no videos and memes being posted every single second of every hour and there was no auto-play videos. it was all fb status' (basically twitter).

i hardly watched youtube videos on that tiny 3.5" display. all i did on those phones was text, light web browsing and facebook. if i had the same usage patterns from 2010 as i do today, my 6+ battery would probably last me a week without being charged and i'm not exaggerating.

i became a heavy user after owning the iPhone 5 for a while (instagram, twitter would kill my battery). now i use the 6+ and i love the battery life

9. metsjetsfan thread starter macrumors 65816

Totally agree on usage patterns. Also apps around 3/4 iPhones definitely killed it esp when notifications started if u didnt turn those off