Rant about minis:) any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by j2048b, Oct 29, 2009.

1. j2048b macrumors 6502a

I just have to ask this question about ebay and the people who think their 3-4 year old mac minis are worth 400-800 dollars?

WHY... WHY... WHY?

i see a 1.66 ghz going for anywhere between 300-600 dollars and ask again why?

I mean come on i see an intel 1.83 ghz and they wont come down $80 to make a sell! I could go and get a brand new one for 600, and they still want 480-550 for it, and then there is another guy who thinks his 1.83 ghz should start out at 350 for a starting bid! come on! this is insane....

why do people feel that these little, overheated, small processor, boxes are worth that freaking much, even after they are 1-4 years old?

(i want a used one by the way 1.83 ghz.. that why the rant is here, i don't believe they are worth 400-600 dollars!)

even with websites saying this is how much it is worth... load of poo!

i guess i will fork out 600 to buy the newest one! makes more sense to me anyways!

any thoughts

2. Gasu E. macrumors 68040

Gasu E.

Whatever the market will bear is what they are worth.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Mini's arent cheap and hold their value pretty well. Suck it up and buy a new one then.

4. Aadhil macrumors regular

I think you missed the point of his post. Or maybe you're just one of those super positive people who hate negativity of any intensity :D

5. a350 macrumors regular

I wouldn't sell my mini for any less than 400 and it's at least 2.5 years old.

6. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Part of the reason is also because for day to day use a new 2.26Ghz Mac Mini is not drastically superior to a 1.83Ghz Core 2 Duo mini.

A 1.83Ghz Core 2 with 2GB+ of RAM will play HD video (which few people even now you can watch TV shows online) and seamlessly multitask a Web Browser, Word, e-Mail, iTunes and other programs that the average user will make use of.

7. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Macs hold their value, one of their many advantages. Look at it from the other side. You buy a new $599 Mini, 2 years later sell it for $400, I'm sure you'd be over the moon.

8. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

you could make the same argument about most of apple's line up.

I agree with the OP - it's nuts. Buying a new mini (or one from the refurb store) makes far more sense.

9. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Don't pay it then.

The only trouble is, if that's the price they are selling for, then that's the price you've got to pay. :)