Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

okrelayer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Ok i know its been mentioned over and over.. but why has Apple not fixed this issue yet. Its so annoying to be on safari, get a text , open sms and have to close sms and re open it because of the lag. Its really "grinding my gears" as they say!

This is seriously the most annoying thing about the new software! crinkey

prupsicle

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2008
I think the 2.0.1 fixes bugs like this.
I upgraded this morning and see no problems.

chaotixk

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2008
2.0.1 did not fix

I updated and the lag issue is still there. However when you experience the lag -- INCONVENIENTLY, you can try moving the cursor in front of a letter, start typing and the lag goes away. This will screw up the auto-correct but it will save you from having to restart.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
I think the iPhone is somehow running out of memory from using all the third party apps. I noticed that after a while, the entire phone gets sluggish. It needs better memory management or something.

ubersalad

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2008
I think the iPhone is somehow running out of memory from using all the third party apps. I noticed that after a while, the entire phone gets sluggish. It needs better memory management or something.
Perhaps the answer lies in the lack of Cocoa/Objective-X programmers. So bunch of these amateurs are programming crap and Apple puts these crap on our phone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.