[Rant] Anyone else just waiting for their Plus to get out of this forum ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kalebnate, Sep 29, 2014.

1. kalebnate, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014

kalebnate macrumors 6502

I joined this forum when I ordered my Plus to read discussions about the new iPhones. Shortly enough, almost 95% of the topics were complaints that make you aware of each pointless details on the phone (e.g. skewed text on the back). Next came the bending fiasco which in my opinion is overblown to the bone.

Anyway, I keep checking back by automatically clicking on the tab when I open the browser as a habit. When my phone arrives, I won't even bother visiting this forum again because it's horribly filled with topics that poison your sanity.

Anyone else in a similar situation and just waiting for their iPhone to arrive and gtfo of here ?

/rant

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Sorry to hear you're having a bad experience :(

The internet and forums in general are full of trolls. The key here is to find the good people that you like and respect their opinions and shut out the rest. Also if you can spot the threads that you know are just there to start trouble beforehand and avoid clicking on them it will help your sanity.

Feel free to PM me though anytime you want to rant or even just to talk about iPhone stuff in a non-stressful way :)

p.s. hope you get your Plus soon!

3. bandrews macrumors 6502a

It's hideous but I'm hooked to it like a rubbish daytime TV show. Of all the forums I have used over the years, this is the most bile-ridden cyber hell hole I have ever visited. You could currently just have four threads on here:

Where is my iPhone

My iPhone is bent

The 6 is better than the 6 Plus

The 6 Plus is better than the 6

Plus maybe a bonus thread for people who joined last week just to say "I've always had iPhones but this one is rubbish. I'm going to buy a Samsung".

Threads with genuine questions soon vanish to page two with barely a reply and are overtaken by countless duplicate threads or extreme banality such as "Will buying a gold iPhone make me gay?" or "If I worry about my iPhone bending, will it bend spontaneously just by staring at it?"
    Rather than ignore them, most of the users then post either abuse or equally inane responses by the shed load hence perpetuating the nonsense.

4. Inframan macrumors 6502

Inframan

Yeah, before the launch everyone was pretty excited and happy and soon as the unbox therapy guy made that bend video everything went to hell in here big time. Ive have my 6 Plus for about 9 days and I'm sure you will love yours....just make sure you put a sturdy case on it.

5. matthewadams macrumors regular

I barely look in this subforum anymore ever since I got my i6...
    It's just too many OCD teens with topics like "when i press the homebutton with a glove on my hand the click-sound has 40% less treble - should i return it?"

6. Bobo03 macrumors regular

My favorite was the kid that posted yesterday stating "he called apple so that they could tell him which phone was the "flagship", luckily apple told him that they both were". That is absolutely moronic.

People are so conflicted since apple released two models. They need to know what apple deems best, so that they can buy the "best". Maybe that is why I have been away from iphone for so long. This place makes it seem like 95% of users are entitled children.