[RANT] Blurry iPhone 6 Plus Apps

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Statusnone88, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Statusnone88 macrumors 65832

Statusnone88

Obviously I understand that app developers need to update their apps for the 1080p screen on the Plus, but dear Lord do they look awful...

Makes me super sad having such a gorgeous screen/phone, and I have like 10 apps total (mostly Apple ones) that look great.

Obviously going to hang in there, love my phone. And don't flame me please. I know this is a silly thing to rant about, but it's more so I dont feel like I'm the only one who hates the blurry apps.

2. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Patience. It's only been on the street for 3 days.

3. bmt134 macrumors 6502

4. Statusnone88 thread starter macrumors 65832

Statusnone88

I know, hence why I said I know I'm being ridiculous. :) But yeah you're right, I'm sure devs will have things updated throughout the week now that it's Monday.

5. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Skype just updated...with iOS 8 support only.

I think it's going to be a good month before all my apps are updated. Makes me wonder if there was debate within Apple about telling devs how to make their apps ready at WWDC. Everyone knew larger phones were coming.

6. igazza macrumors 6502a

igazza

Even on the 6 they look bad, are there any apps that support the new phones?

7. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Being Tuesday, i'm surprised more updates haven't come through. I'd have thought there'd be loads.
    I have an app that won't work (ipa of a free app) and it's really annoying me. (i know it's separate but still..)

8. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

These are just apps I have that have been updated to 6 Plus resolution. Not sure how many others there are....

Instapaper
    Longform
    BuzzFeed
    CNN
    NYT Now
    Tumblr
    Evernote
    Vice News
    Beats Music
    Alien Blue (Incredible update overall actually)

9. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Alien Blue is one of those apps that I just think, he can't improve this..then this.

10. cazlar macrumors 6502

On the WWDC videos I've seen, while they did not come out and say so, it didn't take much to read between the lines.

However, even if you had done exactly as suggested and made everything autolayout with new size classes etc, I believe at the moment you still have to "flag" that it is iOS 6/6+ compatible (and not scaled) by ensuring you have the right assets available. That is, either iPhone6/6+ launch images as static if you need backwards compatibility, or select a XIB/storyboard if you don't. And I'm fairly sure you could only submit those assets to the app store using the XCode released with the GM, and as the review times aren't fast at the moment, I'm not surprised that a lot of devs are still either testing it (on actual devices hopefully) or currently waiting in the review queue.