Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
iPhone accessory makers are pissing me off!!! :mad::mad::mad:

I'm perusing Amazon, and of course all the year old iPhone 6 cases say they fit with the 6s as well (even though the 6s is a tiny fraction bigger than the 6)... but how do you really know? Why the **** should I have to scroll through mountains of reviews to see if other 6s owners have already tried the case and if it works? I bought a slider and yep... I try to put it on it on and I feel a little resistance but then once I slide it all the way in it gets stuck and won't come off without me worrying about damaging my phone. Why the hell should I have to do so much research instead of accessory makers simply labeling their products properly?

Not to mention the tempered glass screen protectors! Every single one that says they will work with the 6s leaves behind a halo on the edges where the 6s curves just a little bit more than the 6 does. There are ones which have a black border and say they are edge to edge and don't have this issue but they still do... just that since they have a black border you can't see the halo underneath where the edges aren't sticking properly and dust / debris is still accumulating between.

WTF accessory makers?! Get your **** together and start labeling your accessories properly! :mad::mad::mad:

Thanks for listening :(

/end rant

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
I totally hear you on the tempered glass screen protector issue. I've been thru countless screen protectors on Amazon and they all have that one common issue, the dreaded halo all around the edges.

I tried emailing the vendors directly to inform them and had no luck. One vendor even went to claim the halo effect was totally normal. Another one (this one was at the local mall) looked at me as if I was crazy when I told him the 6 and 6S screens are slightly different. That changed when he tried to apply a glass S/P and that one also had the halo effect. Some vendors have been kind enough to issue me a full refund, which is nice but it's still a hassle.

It sucks I know. I keep saying it, most vendors just slapped a "6S" sticker on the product and called it a day.
3f4c88f1a9ae64458b49c65c9fba1272.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.