rant/question- what are my options?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nurisim, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Nurisim macrumors newbie

I really want an iphone.
    Doesn't everyone? (well okay, not everyone).
    But I have verizon service currently. And AT&T is unlikely to EVER extend service (about 20 miles) to where I live. So I did something unspeakable.
    I bought a Glide.
    Yes, an "Iphone killer."
    But it is a piece of crap. I can't use it with my computer to sync music. I mean, I am not totally surprised, since I am a mac user, but I do run windows XP on my Mac book pro. But apparently that is not good enough. Stupid Stupid.

So I am taking it back. My contract is up in October anyway.
    I REALLY want/need a smartphone that is Apple compatible. And it appears that the Iphone is really the only one. But as stated, I do not have AT&T even offered in my area. I know many of you are familiar with "Jailbreaking" phones. Does anyone know what my options are? Maybe I sound like a stupid n00b, but rather, I am. So anyway...

2. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Rumor says Verizon's getting the Diamond, or rather its cousin, the Raphael (Touch Pro). Whether this summer or fall, nobody knows. But the Raphael has already passed the FCC.

That, plus Missing Sync software, could be a nice setup for you.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You might want to purchase v1 iPhone unlocked that way you can use T-Mobile SIM card or Centennial SIM card, and the only downside would be the non-availability of video voicemail. Check CL or eBay. :cool:

4. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

my partner just bought the Dare. It is not an iPhone killer but much better than the Glide, which he also bought a month ago and returned after 2 days. It felt very cheap. My suggestion is give the Dare a try. Much better than the Glide or you can hold out for the Blackberry Thunder, I think in Q4 2008.