Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Goroke

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
Why isn't there a jailbreak for 2nd gen!! Kinda getting bit frustrated to the point of crying TT^TT

I have some questions. How long did it take to jailbreak 3G? Or was is much faster since there wasn't a huge hardware difference between the original iPhone? Also, does anyone know how much progress people made in jailbreaking the 2nd gen??

CharliE05

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2008
Why isn't there a jailbreak for 2nd gen!! Kinda getting bit frustrated to the point of crying TT^TT

I have some questions. How long did it take to jailbreak 3G? Or was is much faster since there wasn't a huge hardware difference between the original iPhone? Also, does anyone know how much progress people made in jailbreaking the 2nd gen??

Yeah man, getting frustrated too.. I bought the ipod 2g the week it came out, and have been waiting for the jailbreak ever since. I think the 3g iphone took like 1-2 weeks.

br0adband

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2006
Apple is apparently getting wiser with each new model and firmware release so, to those go around whining "oh the iPhone 3G was cracked in <insert arbitrary length of time here> so why can't they do it with the iPod touch 2G..." need to just shut up and be nice.

This getting into the firmware and opening it up isn't like using a paperclip to open a pair of handcuffs or something, it's a wee bit more complicated than that. With each new firmware, Apple takes what it's learned to make it even more difficult for outside resources to "get inside" and do whatever they want.

In time, I'm confident we'll see a Jailbreak of the iPt 2nd gen. I just got one last night - bought a 1st gen at a pawn shop for $80 and sold it for $175 yesterday, then went to get a 2nd gen in the middle of the night at Wal-mart. Am I peeved that I can't Jailbreak it? Somewhat... but I didn't bother doing it to the first one in the few days I had it so I'm not missing anything I suppose.

Be patient, listen to music, watch videos, read eBooks, surf the Net, enjoy the iPt 2nd gen, and **** about it. :)

TodVader

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2005
Quebec, Canada
I hope it happens soon but in no way am I pissed about it lol. How much are you whining people paying the developers of the jailbreak? If you are paying them, whine all you want. When it's free, I'll quote the poster above me: **** & Wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.