Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Astroboy907

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 6, 2012
Spaceball One
This deal ticked me off so much.. mainly because I asked the guy to talk to me about the item but he went along and sold it....
The guy posted on craigslist about a 2011 MBP, with a broken screen. Price? $85!!!!

The guy couldve easily gotten $400 for it, more along the lines of $600 if he played it right. A physically cracked LCD is very easy to fix. Ranting because the guy was an idiot and sold it out from under me... I couldve easily made $600 off this, but I was planning on making it my day to day laptop, because if it was a 2011 model, it shouldve had at least a low power i7 on it...
Dont you hate it when sellers dont care about interested buyers???
Grr...
[/Rant]

Edit: lol definitely learned my lesson on this.. Selling stuff on CL is pretty annoying, lots of "interested" people who really aren't :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Suno

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2011
If I waited for every person who emailed me about my listing to reply, I'd never get anything sold. Fact is, people on Craigslist are there to get rid of whatever they have on them as soon as possible. I'm willing to answer all of your questions, provided you give me a fast response time, but if someone comes along and tells me flat out that they want it, then it's sold. I earn the same profit regardless.

Astroboy907

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 6, 2012
Spaceball One
If I waited for every person who emailed me about my listing to reply, I'd never get anything sold. Fact is, people on Craigslist are there to get rid of whatever they have on them as soon as possible. I'm willing to answer all of your questions, provided you give me a fast response time, but if someone comes along and tells me flat out that they want it, then it's sold. I earn the same profit regardless.
It was a 3hr car drive for me, but it would be worth it. The seller was out of town and of course didn't reply to mine.... he said he would be out if town for a few days so I waited a couple and texted back and he had sold it.... and the seller didn't get a profit, but I think he was technologically impaired, as he was selling it with a bundled dial up filter...

Ljohnson72

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2008
Denver, Co

This. For every 10 emails I get, maybe 2 are serious inquiries.

drvelocity

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2008
This deal ticked me off so much.. mainly because I asked the guy to talk to me about the item but he went along and sold it....
The guy posted on craigslist about a 2011 MBP, with a broken screen. Price? $85!!!!

The guy couldve easily gotten $400 for it, more along the lines of $600 if he played it right. A physically cracked LCD is very easy to fix. Ranting because the guy was an idiot and sold it out from under me... I couldve easily made $600 off this, but I was planning on making it my day to day laptop, because if it was a 2011 model, it shouldve had at least a low power i7 on it...
Dont you hate it when sellers are complete idiots who dont care about interested buyers???
Grr...
[/Rant]

Lol you thought you could wait a couple days and get a (broken) $85 Macbook Pro? The person who got this called within 15 minutes and set up a time to meet the guy wherever was going, or met him on the way. Guaranteed. In fact I would have offered $200 just to seal the deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.