RANT: Strategic Management exam

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by morgothaod, Sep 17, 2009.

1. morgothaod macrumors regular

I studied for it for several days and I think I got a C or a D on it. Most of the multiple choice questions had 2 correct answers. We had to determine which answer was more correct. :mad:

I hope everyone failed it so I can get a huge curve.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i remember studing my ass off to get a 40% once

average was a 30%

3. Surely Guest

Surely

OP, I think your rant deserves a C or a D as well...... you call that a rant?!? I didn't even have to scroll to read it all, or try to make sense of a giant, non-stop paragraph..... :D

4. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

My management course consisted of terms that were not in the notes, the book, nor the lecture. I have a nearly photographic memory to the point where I can point at what part of a page a term was on and describe the pictures that were on the surrounding pages. I knew I'd never seen nor heard that stuff.

I was a non traditional student, so when I was graduating, the Dean asked me to stop by and tell him about my experience. I told him my professors were all engaged and highly proficient. Except for my StratMan class. I said that guy gave up years ago. He gives examples of from cut out newspaper articles on a poster from the 80's. No concept of technology whatsoever. The Dean was unhappy when I said that if I had a way that I'd ask for a refund for that class as I learned nothing whatsoever.

Every class you take, nearly every conversation you have can have something you can take away as an example. This class was the exception. There was nothing at all useful in the class, and it was horrible. I felt bad for the kids who didn't realize just how bad it sucked.

Keep in mind, you generally get as much from a class as you put in to it. If this is the class that doesn't happen, suffer. Get out and learn more in the next course.

Soon you'll graduate, the class will mean nothing, and you'll giggle at the school when they call you for donations.

When they call me, I tell them to fix the men's room in the College of Business, and then we'll start talking about a donation. The new stadium is nice enough, fix the stuff the students have to use.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Having taken strategic management courses and the tests that came with them, I can tell you that the tests were total BS. It was almost as though most answers fit and it was impossible to pass with a decent grade unless you memorized word for word the study guide (if given). Some classes came down to trying to remember crap rather than trying to learn it, if that makes sense.

6. morgothaod thread starter macrumors regular

I'm taking my final 4 classes to get a marketing degree. I hope this class won't prevent me from graduating. I'm trying my best...

7. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

There was a prof like that in the electrical engineering dept. at my school. I changed majors out of engineering before I had this guy, but a few of my friends had him. The class was a jr/sr level digital devices and design class. The guy would say in class that he only taught because the university made him. He would rather be doing research. Then he said in is 20+ years of teaching, only about 10 people had ever gotten an A in his class. He would hand out tests that he said took HIM 45 minutes to finish. (In a 50 minute class) One of my friends had a 40 in the class, and it was one of the higher averages in the class. Ahh, gotta love tenure.

I did a similar thing with my school. When they would call and ask for donations, I would start asking if different things had been fixed, like the dorm I lived in, the building where my major dept. was located, etc. just to harass them. They actually have a thing where you can direct your donation, so I use that.

8. morgothaod thread starter macrumors regular

lol before one my Professors would hand out an exam, he would say, "The exam isn't too hard, I took it and scored an 85%."

9. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

ugh, I hate it when teachers say things like that. I want to respond with "ya, becasue you wrote the test dumbass" but i want to stay in the class. haha

10. Capt Crunch macrumors 6502

Here's a tip that will be sure to get you an A in any class: Do whatever the A students are doing. :)

11. Capt Crunch macrumors 6502

When I tell my students that I banged out their test in 5 minutes, they aren't happy either. Guess I can't win :D

12. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Yeah, my students aren't happy when I tell them that either.

13. morgothaod thread starter macrumors regular

I somehow got an 81% on the exam. He must have curved it...

14. Surely Guest

Surely

There ya go.

If you were in Canada, that would be an A.

15. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

So, A, I guess that explains why there are so many A's in Canada, A?

16. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I'm going with this. Good luck OP. Doesn't sound easy at all.