Rant/Vent/Request

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by stanman64, Aug 16, 2015.

1. stanman64 macrumors 6502

stanman64

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I find it EXTREMELY ANNOYING when an ad for an app takes you to the App Store from whatever it is you are doing. AGAINST YOUR WILL. If I wanted to download your ****** app (highly unlikely), I would go to the App Store and click the goddamn install button. Don't make my decision for me. Rant over.

So anyway, how great would it be to have a toggle in settings like "App store redirects On/Off" or some sort of Allow/Disallow toggle in privacy settings in iOS 9?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's been around for a while now. It seems that Apple supposedly addressed it at some point or at least was going to. I haven't encountered it in quite some time, so can't say for sure if it's actually fixed or I just somehow haven't come across pages/ads that would do it.

3. stevemiller macrumors 65816

Happened to me a few weeks back on a tech blog that I frequented. I couldn't believe that it was intentional as it basically rendered the site unusable. A bunch of people commented on it, and they responded and managed to fix the issue. Whether it was bad coding or malware on their servers I don't know.

Yes, a global ability to prevent those types of redirects would be nice, although those types of redirects are in apples interests more often than not, so I doubt they'll do anything.

4. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I've seen this happen too, with iOS 8.4 even. It's almost always a redirection to one of those worthless "free to play but with lots of in-app purchases" games, too.