Rapid iPhone 6s Plus Battery Drain

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rdunlap, Oct 10, 2016.

1. rdunlap macrumors regular

So I just got a iPhone 6s Plus the other day upgrading from a 6 Plus. I'm hoping I didn't make the wrong decision. The battery life is horrendous on this phone. I can actually see the battery percentage dropping rapidly as I'm using it. Apple did some tests through the chat and didn't find anything wrong with the battery but I know something is wrong. Was wondering if anyone else is experiencing rapid battery drain on the 6s Plus? After a little reading I guess this is a pretty common issue with this phone. Can't seem to really find the issue that's causing it though.

I have AppleCare+ on it so I'm going to bring it in tonight and see what they have to say. I actually took screen shots of the battery percentage dropping and the time being the same on the phone with 4% less battery. Hoping I can get this resolved!

2. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

3. rdunlap thread starter macrumors regular

The phone is used and it's on 10.0.2

4. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

I had a new unit when buying 6s Plus. That unit would go hot even browsing the web. I immediately asked Apple Store staff to replace a new one and now I am pretty happy with it.
    Perhaps you can try but you say yours is used...

5. rdunlap thread starter macrumors regular

I ended up going to the Apple Store tonight and they ended up replacing the unit. I'm going to do a restore from backup now and see how that goes.

6. rdunlap thread starter macrumors regular

Just restored this one last night and the battery is still draining down a lot quicker than it should. I think I may have to restore and start from scratch :-/

7. imorton macrumors 6502

I may be wrong, but when you restore, doesn't spotlight have to do a whole bunch of indexing of the phone itself which may take a few hours to a day or so.

All of that spotlight indexing would definitely be a big battery drain