Rapid Weaver

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Pyrotechnic, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Pyrotechnic macrumors 6502

Pyrotechnic

As the title suggests. Does anyone on here use Rapid Weaver. I am considering purchasing this piece of software along with a few themes. Just wondered what peoples experiences are of using this software and if they have any examples of it in use. ?

2. bharmann macrumors newbie

Rapid Weaver

i've usedit for a year now and love it.

i will say though, the themes can be limiting and though i recommend the program, i am considering rewriting my webpage by hand using xhtml...

for just getting a page online though, with limited web programming experience, there is no better app in my opinion.

hope that helps

you can view may rapid weaver pages here:

www.myfoodiq.com and www.obsessivecode.com

3. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

rapidweaver is a fantastic app. great to quickly knock up a website or two.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I use it and love it.

The product has a ton of themes you can get for free or for a small amount of $$. Its much more powerful and flexible then iWeb, but yet you don't have to use html/css (you can code html/css pages if you want). Plus unlike iWeb, it produces clean code that's SEO friendly.

The user community for rapidweaver is quite active and helpful.

5. Pyrotechnic thread starter macrumors 6502

Pyrotechnic

Thanks for the replies so far. It certainly looks like i could create a basic layout and then enhance it by adding my own code etc. I do like the clean crisp look of some of the templates.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

What's funny, but when I first started using rapidweaver that was my initial thought as well. For me as I got to know RW, and purchased some plugins (highly recommend blocks) I found little need to code my pages. While RW provides html pages where you can code them. The tools available typically allows you such flexibility I had little need. As usual YMMV.

7. Pyrotechnic thread starter macrumors 6502

Pyrotechnic

Can anyone provide great examples of using Rapid Weaver. I appreciate there are many templates / themes around but keen to know what the end results are.

8. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

I use RapidWeaver but I find that it's real power comes from plug-ins like Blocks and Stacks.

It's always said that Rapidweaver is more powerful than iWeb but I"m not so sure that's the case. There are certain things you can do in iWeb that you can't in RW e.g. put photos on a blog page.

9. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Rapidweaver also has blog pages with photos.

10. Pyrotechnic thread starter macrumors 6502

Pyrotechnic

Guess its worth purchasing. Just need to find a valid offer code as there seem to be a few about ?

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't realmacsoftware really has too many codes to offer in the first place.

12. trailsnet macrumors newbie

video tutorials?

Does anyone know where I can get/watch in-depth video tutorials for Rapidweaver? I purchased it a few months ago, then stopped using it and went back to iWeb because RW wasn't letting me do what I wanted for my website.:rolleyes: