Rapidweaver crashes when uploading ...tried cyber duck &..

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by marbles, Jun 16, 2008.

1. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

I’m told after cyberduck uploaded some of the files :

FTP Error : Upload failed
    /Normass/rwmanifest.plist

(then in red it says )

Prohibited file name : . rwmaifest.plist

(RW wont get past the first file at all.)

..any ideas out there ?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Sounds like the server you're uploading to doesn't allow the .plist file type. Try changing to the extension and then uploading. Then if it uploads try changing the extension back from an FTP program.

3. marbles thread starter macrumors 68000

marbles

Thanks for the interest , its bugging the life out of me this problem .

I just got off a chat session with my ISP about the very thing you mention ...

..if your interested you could read the developments over at the rapidweaver forum if you like , maybe you could see something I cannot & shed some light on this as it's doing my head right in.
    link to forum :
    http://www.realmacsoftware.com/forums/index.php/forums/viewthread/1406/

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

From that thread it sounds like you got the problem identified. For those not up for reading the somewhat long thread at the link provided above here's a quick description of what's up.

His ISP has web space that allows for a total of 2GB of space, but you can only FTP files that are less than 50MB in size each. The OP has music in and uncompressed format (aiff) that he's trying to upload. He's using this format because of not wanting to lose quality as the track is used for demoing his music creation abilities.

So the problem for him now is that he needs a way to make the file smaller, either by breaking the file up into pieces and then possibly (don't know how) recombine them on the server. Or he needs to a way to have the music file in high quality but low file size. I quick look at Wikipedia showed there is a aiff-c format which is a compressed version. Not sure how much it compresses or how much quality is lost though. I'd also probably consider the acc format as it seems to keep quality pretty well. I'm no audio expert though, I just like listening to my iPod.

I'm sure others here will be able to provide better advice on this issue as I'm sure it's something that has come up for others.

5. marbles thread starter macrumors 68000

marbles

Basically I can get a site up now but
    RW will not publish at all, cyberduck will publish but still says that a .plist is not allowed to be upped ?!