RapidWeaver on App Store

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Old Muley, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Old Muley, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011

Old Muley macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

Since iWeb seems to be dead (or at least dying), I'm looking for an alternative for some basic web design. RapidWeaver has been suggested in the past, so I checked it out on the App Store. It is currently rated at 2 out of 5 stars for the current version, which has me a little concerned. In reading the comments left by users, it really looks a bit dicy as to whether it would be an improvement over iWeb. Is this a product worth investing in or would my money better be spent elsewhere.

2. AFPoster macrumors 65816

I'm in the same boat as you are so I'd like an answer on this as well. From my understanding RapidWeaver is updated compared to iWeb but both have been neglected. The best alternative i've gotten was bootcamp and get Dreamweaver if you don't like to straight up code.

3. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

AFPoster, why do you bootcamp to use Dreamweaver? (Or did I not understand your response? :eek:)

4. AFPoster macrumors 65816

Dreamweaver is windows only (so I thought). I mentioned boot camp because it's what I use instead of Parallels & vmFusion. So use anything but Dreamweaver is what I've been recommended the most.

Read the reviews on Rapidweaver and I will be avoiding that one, it's almost identical to iWeb.

****Disregard first sentence I guess it's available for Mac as well "http://consumerelectronics.sendori.com/search?q=abobe.com&s=t51DQzkl922cyYeu" under Platform you can select Mac.***