RapidWeaver or Dreamweaver for Newbie

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dingdongbubble, Jul 17, 2007.

1. dingdongbubble macrumors 6502a

Hey Folks

I want to go into professional web designing but I want to start off with something which is simple, which can grow with me. I dont want to use a program which just has templates which I use. I want something which is WYSIWYG but I want to be able to make the websites myself. I have used Dreamweaver and maybe I can put up with it (though a bit hard). What do you think about Rapid Weaver?

2. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

definately rapidweaver..
    been using it for over a year now, and it's really cool!!

haven't updated to 3.6 yet, but will be doing soon - plus there are lots of themes out there too..

very simple to use - you can have a simple website up and running quite easily.

i'm not sure how difficult it is for database driven websites though - dreamweaver is your best bet for that i guess..

3. sanderf macrumors newbie

Try Big Medium

Big Medium is an amazing content management system which you can use in any browser - PC or Mac. I have built a 20 sites with it. Although the current version is beta, it is completely stable and I have many production sites using it. The software designer is amazingly responsive. See his blog.

Take a look at it here:

http://beta.bigmedium.com/projects/index.shtml