rar extractor with queue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by V4705, Dec 25, 2010.

1. V4705, Dec 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2011

V4705 macrumors 6502

hi, i'm using unrarx but when i'm trying to add another rar archive to extract its just work on all of them together and not making a queue, its slow down my comp really bad and i think its kinda faster to do rar-by-rar and not few together...

thank you.

bump? =]

2. woofbow macrumors newbie

RAR - ugghh!

I don't have any answer for you, unfortunately, and I also don't think there exists a solution that'll do what you want.

For me, RAR is a CPU-crippler. It's gotta be the worst decompressor ever thought up. It totally hogs my processor to the point where everything, EVERYTHING comes to a standstill when it starts to UNRAR a file. I can't do ANYTHING when it starts...everything freezes and all I can do is just wait.

In addition, it's also slow as heck. At least on a Mac. Maybe I just don't have the horsepower to UNRAR a frigging file, but if not, that's ridiculous. I have 1GB RAM and a 1.5 GHz CPU.

On a 1GB file, it literally took almost 30 minutes to UNRAR. That was sheer torture. When I made note of this to someone with a PC, he said it took him 45 SECONDS to UNRAR the same file on his PC. I didn't ask what his machine specs were, but whatever they were, the disparity is unbelievable and unacceptable.

:eek:

3. seanf macrumors 6502

I switched from unrarx to The Unarchiver, which is much more capable. It's free to use, so I'd recommend downloading and giving it a try

Sean :)

4. V4705 thread starter macrumors 6502

5. HBOC macrumors 68020

i have only used unrar X, and i notice no slow-up what so ever. I am assuming probably has to do with your specs.. I have a 2.5GHZ machine, and no problemos..

6. V4705 thread starter macrumors 6502

when u try to unrar few files at the same time its overload the hdd and the cpu, what "the unarchiver" doing is just a queue, one file each time.