RAR Files

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jsims718, Nov 19, 2008.

1. jsims718 macrumors newbie

HELLO,

I have recently received some RAR files and have had no success opening them. I have unrarX and stuffit expander, which both work with any other zip files that i've ever encountered. i was told by someone to use winrar. i found a few different download sites on the web for this, but have had no success in getting winrar to download. aarghhh. it just won't download to my computer. so i read on this forum to try UNARCHIVER. so i've downloaded this. and again, no success in opening the RAR files. with unrarx, stuffit, or unarchiver, i get a message that there are errors, the file is broken, etc..... is there a setting on the computer that is causing interuption? is my adblock stopping the transfer? as i said i've had no trouble downloading any other files that are zip files. confused, frustrated...

another question, when downloading rar files, once the folder is on the desktop, should it be left alone to process? could double clicking to open it be causing the break in transfer???? with zip files i just leave them alone, and in about 2 or 3 minutes they automatically open. i've tried letting the unrarx files alone to see if they will open themselves, but no luck. HELP!!

2. p.luik macrumors regular

It sounds like there's something wrong with your .rar file. Can you download the file again? Try a different .rar file to see if it is .rar files all together or just that particular one that is causing you trouble.