Rar Password Recovery Application FOR MAC?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by anamaniac, Dec 14, 2008.

1. anamaniac macrumors newbie

I have looked seemingly everywhere for an application that allows me to somehow crack or bypass the password on the rar files. However, I cannot find any free mac os x applications that can do this. Does anyone know of any, or some other way I can bypass the password protection?

2. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

That would fall under the heading of a Hack/crack and isn't allowed here at MR.

If you don't know the password, you probably shouldn't be trying to get access to the file.

3. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

Password recovery isn't hacking. if you want a rar password cracker, stick .com on the end of the obvious words and run the brute force attack with crossover or darwine. It takes alot of time and you should probably ask nicely the creator of the locked file, or try google with the full filename.

4. anamaniac thread starter macrumors newbie

that's what it is, is recovery. Thanks for suggesting darwine, I hope this helps.

5. boast macrumors 65816

boast

if you're not scared of the CLi, you can try finding an app for linux/bsd and installing it on mac. You'll need apple's developer tools to compile it.