rarely get texts/messages synced from iOS to OS X

Discussion in 'macOS' started by seenew, Nov 22, 2015.

1. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

Hi everyone,

Depending on what version of iOS or OS X I am currently using, I have had constant issues with what messages appear to come from which accounts-- sometimes people see my texts from my phone number, other times from my email address. And I get the same issues with other iPhone-using friends.

Lately I get none of my texts sent to my computer and if I send a message to someone from my computer, I have no record of it on my phone. This is something I hear almost every one of my friends complain about with their iPhones/Macs. Why doesn't Apple put out a guide to make sense of all the nonsense?

Or have they and everyone missed it?
    Such a useful feature that is so crippled and broken. I hate iCloud and how it's implemented.

This isn't just a complaint-- I'm hoping someone can lay out the basics for me so this won't happen anymore.

I'm currently using OS X Yosemite and iOS9.

2. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

I think this is new in iOS 9, but under Settings -> Messages, there's "Text Message Forwarding". Make sure that's on..

Mine wasn't as it was working fine in iOS 8, but messages weren't syncing so I found that out.

3. Kissmyne macrumors 6502

Kissmyne

I actually fixed this issue for a client, Sign out of iMessage on both devices, restart both devices, sign back into iMessage with your Apple ID on both devices, make sure primary send and receive is set to your phone number... also look over this and make sure all sys reqs are met.. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204689

Hope this helps:)