RAT 7 and OS X Sierra

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by Martin.au, Sep 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Martin.au macrumors newbie

Having had a spate of nuisance issues with my RAT7 and older OS releases (No hover. Software won't install properly, etc), I expected the same with Sierra.

Upon installing, I did indeed find that hover was gone and the software (1.1.69) was being useless. I uninstalled the software, and unlike in previous OS X's, the mouse now seems to behave perfectly. Hover works, the middle and side buttons are assignable as buttons 3,4 and 5, and in general the mouse now seems very well behaved without any software at all.

Can anyone confirm, or is this just some quirk with my system? I really don't want to install the RAT 7 software again as it's quite horrible.

2. Martin.au thread starter macrumors newbie

Update
    The mouse does behave perfectly, except on initial login, or when unplugged and plugged back in. In either case hover is lost (so when you scroll over dock items, weblinks, window edges, etc, the mouse doesn't change cursor or show the item name/link). To solve this, you can logout and back in again, or do what I did and buy a different mouse. The Razer Ouroborous works as expected, and, if you want to use the synapse software it apparently also works.