ratchen and clank (the first one) or uncharted (the first one)

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by dukebound85, Oct 25, 2009.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

which is the better game in terms of gamelplay in your opinion?

2. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

i take it you mean R&C Future, not that FIRST R&C game :p:D but I would say.... hmmm..... depends on what type of game you like. R&C is really fun, and if you haven't played many of them before it will probably be really great (it got a little boring for most people who have played the series before since it wasn't much of a gameplay jump), but Uncharted is really awesome as well. Do you want a platformer with crazy weapons to blow guys up and collect tons of coins (well gears...) or do you want a 3rd person shooter with points of tomb raider-esc traversing?

3. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

well ideally id get both as they both look cool

if you had to pick one, any reccomendation? i know they are different but yea lol

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Do you mean uncharted & ratchet clank tools of destruction? As opposed to uncharted 2 and ratchet clank, a crack in time...

If so I enjoyed Ratchet more than Uncharted, however both are very good and you could probably pick both up secondhand for the same price as 1 of them new.

5. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I'm a Ratchet fanboy, but I also love Uncharted...

I'd go with Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction. It has more replayability (word?), since the weapons level up and you can replay starting with all your guns. Uncharted 1 just has a short story mode. Uncharted 2, however, has a good story mode and great online play.

6. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

yea, a decent long story is ideal as both dont seem good for online in a sense!

ill pick up ratchet and then uncharted 2 in a few months

plus i like the mario style game...something that lacking in my collection (apart from LBP but that doesnt count)

7. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

And if you like Tools of Destruction, you need to get A Crack in Time! I can't wait to get it tomorrow :p

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ Well actually you need 'Quest for Booty' and then 'Crack in Time' :p Oh and I can't wait till it's released here on Friday too :) I love Ratchet & Clank, now if only a really good next-gen Jax & Daxter & Sly Cooper/Racoon were forthcoming I'd be in a platform orgy of delight.

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

A Crack in Time comes out tomorrow...yayy!

Tools of Destruction/Uncharted should be cheap enough to get both...two great games that shouldn't be missed if you own a PS3.

Bless

10. ManhattanPrjct macrumors 6502

If you like a long story, some interesting plot lines, gunplay, and platforming, I think you'll enjoy Uncharted. Also, you should consider that since Uncharted 2 is pretty much universally adored, you may want to play that sooner rather than later (and you should play the first before the second).

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

You could replace Uncharted with Ratchet and that sentence would still be 100% accurate. ;)

12. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

13. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Sweet! And if you like Ratchet, be sure to get new one that comes out tomorrow. And Uncharted is still a great game, so whenever you have the time/money, get it.

14. ManhattanPrjct macrumors 6502

I'm not putting Ratchet down - I just like Uncharted more! :p

15. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

BOO!! Went to pick up Ratchet today, only to find it has been delayed by a week in Europe.... :(:(:(:(

16. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I noticed that... that's too bad. But hey, now it comes out this Tuesday in Europe, right? That's pretty soon.

17. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

No Friday the 6th... a whole week... what on earth am I going to play in the interim ;););)

18. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^Dude, pop in Demon's Souls and help me with Flamelurker..he's kicking my arse. How about looting in borderlands man:eek:

Bless

19. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

:) Will do so later. I'm installing Tekken 6 at the mo. Though from the small bit I've played I have to say the game looks like SH*T even graphically compared to Tekken 5 on PSN ???? Soul Calibur IV looked hot, so why Tekken 6 looks so sub-par is baffling.

20. bob5820 macrumors 6502a

bob5820

I've been having an awesome time with R&C ACiT, so much so that I ordered ToD from Amazon and QoB from the PS store. I've got Uncharted 1 from Gamefly but have not got around to playing it yet, though from what I've read I'm sure I'll get wrapped up in that one also.

21. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I currently have every
    -Zoni
    -Gold bolt
    -Weapon mod
    -Weapon (except the ryno)
    --at level 5
    -and I've done all the space missions
    in the game.

I love collecting all the stuff, I just wanted to get everything done before I went to the last planet. The last planet also has the final Ryno piece. Then I'll reply when I finish. This might be my first game that I'll end up with every trophy in. The only trophy that I might actually have to do with my only reason being to get the trophy is the "get 10,000 points in My Blaster Runs Hot" one. All the other trophies are for things I always do when I play R&C (collect this, complete that).

I love this game :)