Ratchet & Clank Demo

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

So who's played it? Is it good?

I will have to wait till next week when we Europeans get it in our ****** half-the-content-and-always-weeks-later Playstation Store. :mad:

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Just open an american PSN account and you can have access to both stores.

That's what I have on my US machine. A USA account and a European account.

The demo's very good. Very ratchet and clank and it looks great.

3. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

You can open a second account on the same machine?

I need to look into that...

4. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

I just created another account - I can't believe I hadn'd thought of that before!

Currently downloading the R&C demo.....plus all the other tasty demos they don't offer us Europeans! (The Darkness, Skate, Tony Hawk, Jericho, GRAW2, Stranglehold, Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden...!!!)

I wonder what the logic behind all that is. I can see the issue with violent games like Jericho or The Darkness, Germany is pretty strict on that stuff. But what about Skate or Tony Hawk's Proving Ground??? Why do they keep those away from us?

5. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

If its this easy, its ridiculous Sony has this restriction on Europeans...

6. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

I just played the R&C demo, and I have to say WOW! What a blast!

I have to admit I have never played a Ratchet & Clank game before, so this was totally new to me. I nearly peed my pants when I threw the "Groovatron" and all my enemies started dancing! :D

And the graphics are amazing, it almost looks like a Pixar movie!

Definitely picking this one up!

7. bowzer macrumors 6502

bowzer

Ratchet & Clank is simply beautiful and plays great. It's like being inside a animated cartoon, and having control of it. Will I buy it? Nope... just not my style of gaming. Im not really into the "kiddy" kinda stuff, but I can sure appreciate a great looking and fun game when I see it.

8. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Ratchet & Clank Future is amazing! I've had the game on pre-order for quite a while and I have to say I never expect it to be this good! The demo is amazing.

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

:) Glad I planted the seed

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Its the best thing since slice bread.....the game will be on a grand scale...1up is already raving about it.

Me like and has me seal of approval.

Bless

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ Well you do chop bread ! and the framerate is certainly a little choppy in the demo.

Seems to hover around 30 fps with odd dips here and there.

Otherwise an impressive demo - but I do hope they address the FR in the final version.

Pre-ordered anyway :)

(oh and I'm getting into Folklore. Love the fact it's based in Ireland 'Doolin' :D )

12. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

MRU Liked a Demo.. Say it isn't so!! ;) :p

This was a must buy for me even before the demo was out, i love platformers so this will fit perfectly in to my collection.

I love how Ratchets fur sways in the wind, i liked how the motion control when dodging traffic didn't feel gimmicky, oh hell I really loved that demo :D

Now where is the new Ape Escape game.... :p

Ed

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

:p

What more can I say.... Didn't like the size of it though! My god that was a big download :eek::rolleyes::)

14. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I really liked this demo and I'm glad I pre-ordered the game. I have always been a big R&C fan (I own them all :p) and this one didn't disappoint (thus far).

I loved how much crap was blowing up. Tons of bolts and pieces and stuff flying everywhere when you throw the grenades. The groovitron is cool as well, though like the chainsaw in Gears I can see it getting a little stale after a while and just being used in dire circumstances.

15. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Best usage I'd say...I really liked how it felt. I love the rail sequence which was cool...wished I could of use the gun at the same time though. The humor hasn't been turned down either....good stuff.

Ape Escape...Ewwwwww!:D

Bless

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The rail section were cool and thank god they werent quicktime evented like most things these days.

Oh and the camera seems good. All important in a platformer.

One small niggle

Did anyone else notice though that the collapsing building tower was the same one repeatedly used about 4 or 5 times. Could have changed the textures on one or two of them to give the impression of greater scale / variety